Bri's Happy Summer Pasta
You will need:
3 containers grape tomatoes
5 medium sized zucchini
6 ears of corn, husked OR 6 cans of corn
6 16oz boxes rigatoni (get a GF box for any GF folks)
1 16oz box (or however much is needed) Gluten Free rigatoni or other pasta
8oz parmesan cheese
6 cups basil leaves (about 3 bunches)
¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
3 lemons, juiced
5oz walnuts IF NO ONE IS ALLERGIC*
1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Cook rigatoni as package directs; strain.
2. Place racks on the upper and lower third of the oven; preheat to 450°.
3. Start by trimming stem end from zucchini, then slice crosswise into ¼"-thick coins.
4. Toss zucchini and 2 Tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season generously with salt and pepper. Spread out in an even layer into corners of pan, taking care not to pile into the middle. Roast on top rack, tossing with a spatula once halfway through, until vegetables are well browned all over and tender, 25–30 minutes. Let cool.
5. Boil corn for 2-3 minutes, then cut kernels off the cob by slicing down the sides of the cob with a knife (skip if using canned corn)
6. Cut grape tomatoes in half. Add to a bowl with zucchini and corn.
7. Grate parmesan; set aside.
8. Prepare the pesto. Preheat the oven to 350°. Toast walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once halfway through, until golden brown, 5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and let cool. Add garlic and pulse until finely ground, about 1 minute. Add basil and lemon juice and place the top back on. With the motor running, add oil in a slow and steady stream until pesto is mostly smooth, with just a few flecks of green, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
9. Combine vegetables, pasta, and pesto. Have the pram on the side to keep meal vegan.