Please consider donating to the Harriet E. Richards Alumnae Association online or learn about other ways to give, such as directly to the HER House.HERAA has 501(c)(3) non‐profit tax exempt status; our federal tax ID number is 22-3061841.
DONATE TO SUPPORT THE H.E.R. HOUSE
HERAA is excited to announce launch this Winter's fundraising effort: TO 191 WITH LOVE--DONATE TO SUPPORT THE H.E.R. HOUSE to triple the number of recurring donors by recruiting 30 new Annual Sustainers ($191/year) by our 2022 Annual Meeting & Tea on April 3, 2022.
In the past five years, our median income has been $4,500/year. This funds:
|Annual Tea including Student Awards||$2,500|
|HER House Cooknights||$400|
|HER House Gifts/Supplies||$350|
More funding not only guarantees HERAA can keep current activities, but will also allow us to readily mobilize funds in case of emergencies like COVID19 or House Repairs.
By becoming an Annual Sustainer of $191/year, you’ll help us achieve the following:
$5,000 -- NEED 30 Annual Sustainers
- HERAA is financially stable (income equals costs)
$7,500 -- NEED 40 Annual Sustainers
- Increase Student Award Amounts
- Sponsor 1-2 Alumni Events per year
- Support House Repairs
$10,000 -- NEED 50 Annual Sustainers
- Launch Mutual Aid Fund
- House Emergency Support
Ultimately, we hope to generate a mutual aid fund that will last as long as the House does.
As we look back on our years at Boston University, many of our fondest memories were made within the walls of 191 Bay State Road. For many of us, the Harriet E. Richards House was the deciding factor in whether or not we could afford to continue our studies at BU.
Help ensure that students in years to come can share the same experience we had at the HER House. Donate now!
If you have any questions, experience any technical issues, or need to change the amount, date, or frequency of your donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends and family of residents and alumnae are also welcome to support HERAA and the Harriet E. Richards Cooperative House!
If you need to adjust your recurring donation amount, date of transaction, or frequency, please email email@example.com with the changes you would like to make.
Donate via Check
Send a check made payable to HERAA to
HERAA c/o HER House
Donate via Shopping
Looking to keep HERAA in mind during your holiday shopping? Here are some ways to do that:
1) Shop with Amazon Smile: If you must shop through Amazon, search for: Alumnae Association of the Harriet E. Richards Cooperative House before you begin shopping or bookmark this link: bit.ly/smileheraa
2) iGive.com: iGive is similar to a rebate program where the rebates you acquire from shopping through the site will get donated to HERAA. When you create an account, search for "Alumnae Association of Harriet E. Richards Cooperative House of Boston University" and select it as your cause. iGive includes major online merchants like CVS, Walgreens, Gap, Sephora, hotels & car rental agencies! You can also connect to your Facebook to increase donations to HERAA.
Purchase a gift from the HER House WishlistMake sure you say who your gift is from!
Looking to donate some time and energy to HERAA or the H.E.R. House? Visit our Volunteer page for information on current opportunities
Donate via Boston UniversityDirect BU Annual Fund donations to HER House through the solicitations you receive online, by mail, and over the phone from Boston University. To direct your online BU donation to the HER House, follow these three steps: