BUTTERY JAM COOKIE
by Nicole Lukas (C/o 2018)
You will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup any flavor jam
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 or 4 minutes.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg, beating well until smooth. Add the milk and the vanilla and beat again to incorporate. The mixture will probably look a bit chunky after adding the milk. Don't worry.
4. Turn the mixer down to low and add the jam and continue mixing for about a minute.
5. With the mixer still on low speed, add the dry ingredients, mixing until just barely combined.
6. Using a small cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, portion the dough onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
7. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the baking time.
8. Allow to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing the cookies from the pan and allowing them to cool completely.